Saturday, May 9, 2009

Current playlist

What I'm listening to right now:

"Ava Adore" - The Smashing Pumpkins
Probably one of the best releases they've ever done. Ironically, it was one of the last things they released before they broke up, as far as I remember it. Well, at least they reunited so that's not such a big deal anymore.

"Hold Me, Kiss Me, Thrill Me, Kill Me" - U2
This is the reason why I'm missing U2's finer rock moments. A good choice too for a Batman soundtrack.

"Downfall" - Matchbox Twenty
A lesser-known gem by the band. If Rob Thomas didn't talk so much (based on his 20-per-second Twitter updates), he usually works out to be a pretty mean songwriter. This remains my favourite Matchbox Twenty track.

"Monday Morning 5.19" - Rialto
A classic.

"Yellow" - Coldplay
Let this be the mourning song for the death of Coldplay. Just kidding. I just don't like the band anymore, but their first album still impresses in my book, especially thanks to this track.

"Paparazzi" - Lady GaGa
I like this much better than "Just Dance" or "Poker Face". The chick may be sick-crazy, but she writes pretty good stuff, so who cares?

"Glycerine" - Bush
The only thing I can remember Bush released. I used to know more about them but somehow this one stuck out in my memory, and it's justified because it's a masterpiece.

"If God Would Send His Angels" - U2
This track reminds me of The Netherlands as I remember it 10 years ago. A lesser-known gem by u2 after the more widely-received "Discotheque" and "Staring At The Sun", but nonetheless something I'm really impressed with.

"3 AM" - Matchbox 20
Easy-listening, atmospheric piece. A little like something Counting Crows would write, but Thomas' vocals and lyrics gave it away as something only a Matchbox Twenty could do.

No comments: