Sunday, February 8, 2009

The big bad world of publishing - and it's only just getting the book

It's been a while since I updated this blog.

Just thought I'd let the whole world know that I'm now officially obsessed with the industry of magazine publishing. And so I bought this little gem...



To further prove my point that I did everything to get my summery-coloured paws on them, let me tell you the story of how I got it. It wasn't the simple process of getting into the shop, plucking the book off the shelf and taking it to the cashier to pay for it. It was a rather long-winded experience of searching the book on the Net, reading up the reviews and deciding that it was worth every cent, then going down to the local bookshops (not one but three shops) to search for it and have the sales assistant ordering the book in for me. Then there was the whole thing of mistaking a missed call for a call from the bookshop to let me know that the book had come in, then I came in to ask for it before the sales assistant said the book had not, in fact, come in.

But eventually the book was delivered to the bookshop, I got a call from them and I picked it up. I'm thinking of covering it with some kind of plastic cover so it's not damaged.

Ah~ am I obsessed? I don't care. I love it.

No comments: