Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Tonight...I'm a rock 'n' roll star!"

Here's a confession: I love rockstars.

I know it's something so cliche, and anybody who knows me knows that I'm a sucker for band boys. But there's something magical about the idea of rockstars. I don't just mean being dressed in leather jackets, skinny jeans and having the eternal bed hair. There's so much more about being rockstars - it's probably the romanticism of having so many followers screaming your name; of having blogs that aren't just gonna be read, but drooled over by fans; and the classic one, to have your pictures taken everywhere you go. Celebrities have that too, but when you're a rockstar, you have this automatic 'cool' status given to you, even when you're caught picking your nose publicly.

And no matter what you wear, the 'cool' stamp is still there. If you wear a Christmas snowflake jumper but everyone knows you play guitar/drums/bass guitar/tambourine in some band, people will still wanna get down on their knees and kiss your rockstar boots.

It's just such a fascinating concept. I would say The Beatles started this whole rock 'n' roll euphoria, but then again, Zeus from the Greek mythology was loved by a lot of women, so maybe he could have invented the rockstar status. So where did this all begin?

1 comment:

Jarome B Jackson said...

Hmmm I dunno whats the answer to it, but I guess cool stamp rules would most likely apply only on rockstar dating supermodel. Yes I think rockstar and supermodel?