Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Britney


I just watched the "Britney: For The Record" documentary tonight (complete with B's corned beef macaroni in a smoke-filled room).

I don't call myself a fan, but I do have sympathy for the girl. The doco might've been designed in such a way that made viewers feel sorry for her, but she probably is the modern poor little rich girl. One scene in the documentary showed she couldn't get out of her car because paparazzi were being abusive outside. To me, that looked like being stuck in a potentially dangerous street riot; in her case, it happens every day.

Everything she's done is recorded, exposed and judged; she's not an ordinary person, and she doesn't have the choice to be one. How can that not fuck you up after 10 years?

Anyhoo, all the best to Britney, man. If she pulls through this thing, she's gonna be the next Madonna. She really will be.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Christmas breakfast with the girls from work.

(Image courtesy of perezhilton.com)

4 comments:

Jarome B Jackson said...

I heard you cried when you watched it.

Sasha said...

I did not, Jarome.

Budiuta said...

R u shA! really!

well if u do!
at least u still have some emotion!
not like Others, U KNOW Who! hehehehehe!!

Sasha said...

I did not cry, Bud. You-know-who is always dramatising things.