Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dream a little dream

Hey dudes. It's been a while since my last real update.

I've come to that moment - at least at this point in life - where I'm itching to break out and just be free. I'm starting to question what is it that makes me truly happy, not just to make other people happy.

As I go to work 5 days a week, 9 to 5 every day, I start to question whether this job is really something I want or if it's just something that will pay the bills and impress my family and friends. It's true that it's work - you don't have to be particularly passionate about it and you don't always look forward going to it every morning - but the question starts to rise as to whether this is something I want in life.

And then I start thinking about the 'what ifs'. What if I get a job in something I am actually passionate about and then the mundane reality of going to it 5 days a week will take the magic away? What if that happens and that way I won't have that escape to what I love anymore? I get scared like that.

Sometimes I feel like it's right to keep dreams as just that. Because at least it's always going to be that happy little place you visit in your head to take the edge off reality when you need it most.

2 comments:

Viva Salvatore said...

Yes, I'm totally siding with you on this. I think it's absolutely essential to have a dream because dream creates hope, and hope motivates us to keep going in life.

I really hope that you won't stop chasing your dream.

Btw, I still think to this date that you'll become a journalist someday. You're born to be one, Sha.

Once you become a journalist, I think you're gonna be unstoppable.

Sasha said...

Hey Den♥

I get what you're saying, Den, but that's exactly my point: what if, after I've chased my dream and then finally get it, I'm no longer passionate about it? Because being in that dream job for 5 days a week, 8 hours a day can be tiring. And then you get bored of that job and the magic wears off. Do you see what I mean?

But thanks for your kind words. One day maybe I'll just write a book. :)