Sunday, December 20, 2009

The downside to it all

Is it wrong to think that maybe this job isn't all it's cracked up to be?

Don't get me wrong; I think it's a fantastic opportunity. But I took it because of the convenience. It's good money, big company and basically just good old showy job. I think I'm the envy of my friends for having been accepted into this. But what about what I like right now?

Maybe it's just the case of me having done something so long that I think that's all I like. I mean, I graduated with a degree in media and I've always loved writing. So maybe I just haven't seen what's out there. Maybe there are other things I'm gonna like apart from media, and this job is gonna show me.

But if it's the other way around, then what? What if I've been at this job for a year and I realise I wanna do writing all along? Basically, I would've wasted a year when I could've spent the time working my way up in the magazine/publishing industry.

I just hope it won't be the second one. Because I'd hate to see the haters right.

4 comments:

Jarome B Jackson said...

dont worry you're still young. and remember what my mamma said "making a mistake is a part of making it right." so just do your best, dont have any doubt.

who said evil things?

isoconfused said...

*agrees with JBJ*

you're still young, TRY EVERYTHING XD

...then have a mini-burnout at 25 XD, enjoy quitting your job HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Nikolas said...

No sweat, its always the case when you're starting something new. unfamiliar territory. Just remember if a year or even 6 months pass you can always start looking elsewhere if you dont like it. I'm having similar jitters about my internship. But im exciting myself by thinking its an oppurtunity to expand my wardrobe.

Sasha said...

Yeah, you guys are right. I guess it's just the case of me wanting EVERYBODY to be pleased with me, but of course it's never gonna happen.

Man, I hope I don't have that burnout thing. D'oh!

I know, Nick, I'm so excited about the officewear! Let's go shopping together, seriously!