Thursday, May 21, 2009

In response to that...

You know, reading Jarome's last blog got me thinking a lot. Me five years ago would've thought, "well, I think it's a load of shit. You gotta stick up for your friends no matter what." But now I think there's definitely some truth to it. Even if you're best friends, they still hurt you in some ways. Yes, they do that because in some twisted way, they're trying to teach you a lesson, but is it worth the heartbreak? Because true friendship is a hell of an investment, you know. It's like, you put sweat and tears into it, so if it disappoints you over and over again, you start asking why bother?

I mean, call me having high expectations from people, but I expect some kind of relationship from my close friends but when they don't do it, you're left looking like a fucking idiot. And at that moment, you just think, "To hell with how long we've been friends, they don't know me at all so I'm not gonna waste my time."

I guess I gotta learn to assume nothing and expect little. But the biggest lesson would probably be not to trust people too much. How many times have I been eaten up by sweet words and charitable deeds by new friends, only to be ditched by them? Too many to count.

Remember, friends will still ditch you when they can only save their own ass from a burning building. It's a fucked-up metaphor, but it's true. You just learn to have your guard up, be there as much as you can but don't sacrifice everything for them, especially if they're shit friends.

4 comments:

Jarome B Jackson said...

Hmmm now I feel responsible for turning you into a bitter person like me... let's see what budi has to say about it.

Sasha said...

It doesn't matter anymore who's made me say those stuffs. I'm changing my outlook, that's all.

Budiuta said...

im agreeing with this!
i just realize that i have been ditched and ditching friends. i just never thought about it!
yes! being stronger is needed!

like now, already 2 weeks my dad in the hospital not even 1 of my friends came to visit!! amazing right!!!!
sory dra, i should've thinking about it first before saying it!
but still im gonna always love u guys 4 eva!
kangeeeenn!!!!!!!!!!

Sasha said...

Sorry to hear that Bud. How's your dad, by the way?

I just feel like we're old enough to take care of ourselves. Yes, we have our friends, but we can't rely on them all the time. You rely on yourself.