Sunday, November 16, 2008

Morals of the day

I broke one of my favourite bracelets tonight. It probably doesn't sound like much of a big deal, but I'm actually a little sad about it, which is why I'm gonna try and get it fixed.

And I also just figured out today how to use my eye make-up remover liquid properly. It turns out I have to shake well each time before using it. All these times I've been put off by it because it left yucky oily residue on my skin. And now I know why.

As for the more philosophical part of the day, I just literally found out the meaning behind the saying "where there's a will there's a way". Whereas some people have found out and acted on it, I've been stuck in a rut, thinking nothing was going to go well no matter what I did. Well, of course nothing would happen if I didn't do jackshit and kept blaming it on the situation. Learning to take the credit and turning around to take charge of the situation is actually quite a liberating experience; coming home at the end of the day feeling sorry for myself is not.

I guess I did myself a bit proud tonight, and that's always, always liberating.

1 comment: